- Begin in a table top position, on your hands and knees.
- Place your hands directly under your shoulders. Turn the eyes of the elbows forward. Don't lock the elbows.
- Step the feet back and straighten the legs.
- Lower the hips until your torso is on the same plane as your legs, making you look like a plank of wood.
- Make sure you are not dumping your weight into the shoulders. Engage them instead.
- Engage and lift in the belly.
- Look down at the mat between your hands. Breathe.
Definitely a power house pose, Plank is great work for the transverse abs -- your primary posture muscles. It also strengthens the front of the legs, arms (if you don't lock your elbows), and shoulders.
Welcome to JesusIsMyGuru.com, an online window into the heart of AJ Arias, a disciple of Jesus Christ and yoga practitioner. She uses this space for self-expression, to join with other seekers of truth who come this way and explore the realms of possibility together. May it serve you.